Thursday, September 28

Currently thinking...

"So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it." -- Willy Wonka

So, where to start? Well, to kick things off, tomorrow I take my first full lesson - the whole class, the whole lesson. That's the bad news - I'm terrified - the good news is that it's in ICT (computing to those of you not involved in education at the moment) so I do at least consider myself somewhat of an expert in terms of subject knowledge.

Today marked my first planning session with my class teacher. Very productive, personally, although I don't know how much use I was to them ;) Also, I had my lesson plan for the afore-mentioned ICT lesson "vetted" - postive feedback, no amendments suggested - so that's all set for tomorrow.

Then, this afternoon, my mentor returns from a training session at the university (on how to mentor) informing me that the course co-ordinator (whom, I think, still forgets that they are no teaching a class of primary children when they deliver any kind of talk) is apparently very impressed with me... something about "intuitive" questions (and "insightful", I think, or was it "relevant" - as usual, when faced with any sort of compliment, I turn bashful and my brain shuts off all cognitive faculties so as not to let my ego cotton on to what's going on). I'm not sure how I get away with these things, but there y'go... intuitive questions, huh? I wonder what that actually means?

And now to go away an obsess about how much I do or don't know ready for tomorow.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Intuitive question" means you don't actually have your head up your *ss. This is surprisingly rare.

It also means you *gasp* may actually be good at things.