Sunday, September 17

Post Collegial Blues

A couple of days of lectures ended the week nicely. A bit more on planning (which, actually, did help - and provided some useful outlines on what to put in a lesson plan), followed by what was possibly the most tedious ICT lecture I've ever had the misfortune to attend (and stuggle to remain awake for). At the risk of appearing in any way to be suffering from "professional snobishness" the lecturer was a classic case of the self-taught "expert", ie they'd dabble with computers from when they first hit mainstream, then his initial interests and requirements had been met by various bits of software... which they still use. For starters, having a presentation prepared on Microsoft Word (as opposed to, say, Microsoft PowerPoint) and not even neatly paginated, to boot! I mean, I ask you!

Friday's lectures more than made up for the drab end to Thursday, however, with an introduction to a series on numeracy by a truly inspiring lecturer - honestly, we all had fun doing some fairly elementary mathematical games. Well, I was inspired and that's what counts most for me. Then our final behaviour management lecture (a series I've enjoyed and which I find especially relevant given the "challenging" nature of some of the pupils in my clas) and a rather fun (more of a workshop than a lecture) session on voice management rounded us off nicely.

Ready for next week? Not 'alf!

No comments: