Saturday, February 17

On skiving... and weddings

Bizarre feeling - I had a day off. During term time.

Thankfully, my boss was understanding (and being the trainee in the class helps, as my presence won't be missed as much plus there's no need to arrange cover) and I was not in school for the last day of the half term.

Instead, I was at the wedding of an old school friend (one of my oldest friends, seeing as I've known him since 1982) Jim to his long-term partner Jess, down in London. A lovely ceremony at the Old Marylebone Town Hall followed by a fabulous reception at the Amadeus Centre and a fabulous day for all (I trust). Photos from the day are up here.

To cap it off, three excellent, funny speeches from the father of the bride, Jim himself and (one third of the best man triumvirate) Bod - our best man back in 1998 and another of the same class of 1982.

Cheers all - and let's have one more toast to Jess and Jim... ladies and gentlemen; the bride and groom!

No comments: